Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The War On Productivity

Irene is covering the day today so I'm seeing how little work I'll convince myself to do. Should be fun eh? This blog entry will contain my ramblings throughout the day.

First fanfic of the day. Read Rupert Godwins' Diary and have NME.com open in a tab. Did a lot of thinking while I was bored last night and couldn't sleep. If the gloves I keep stealing from work had been in my room then chances are I would've broken out the lube and got some practice in. Alas, they weren't so I didn't. Shame as I was in that kind of mood last night. Eventually I just watched episode 48 of Tsubasa, episode 2 of Shuffle Memories and got in a good session on Metropolis Street Racer.

I've made a decision to get rid of the nasty lump that protrudes from my stomach. My belly as some people eloquently put it. It probably won't work but its worth a try, I don't want to be a maidboy with a beer belly come May. On that subject (May, not me as a maidboy) my BA flight has soared like oil prices after a war in iRaq, what was nice and cheap at £421, then £410 is now a pathetic £565. I'm checking it every day now and recording the results in teh spreadsheet. I do love that spreadsheet. I added colour to it yesterday because I just wanted to do something with it.

2nd fanfic opened. Moving from Yu-Gi-Oh to Gravitation. Also have Youtube open in a tab, that never ends well.

Choice cuts now eminating from my mp3 player. Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly being choicest among them all. Also loaded with the likes of CSS, MCR, PTT and several other beautifully acronymed bands. BT just sounds silly though. GCWCF is probably one of the best I've got, as an acronym as well as album. I feel strange if I go a whole day without listening to the whole thing from start to finish in one session.

So little work being done in the whole of the class that its almost funny. I'm trying to think of something to write, other than this obviously. Lots of unfinished stories in my college story folder, or I could start something new. Maybe around a game I've played lately for the first time, or a series I haven't written before (that's a long list). Hmm, I just got an idea.

Nope, no idea. I can start it but not finish it. Story of my stories really, last one I finished was Libido Wars which I hammered out in my notebook before transferring to my PC. Maybe I should write a non-smut fanfic for the Anime North competition. I want to but its very hard coming up with a decent idea. Especially when all the songs I listen to are laced with aural sex. Have I covered my music as sex theory here before? No, but I'll save that for later.

In preparation for Project Maidboy I'm trying to get into the habit of shaving. Everywhere. The densely forested region I'm doing in stages, hence why the top line is rather stylishly slanted right now. Probably worth getting a Fusion so I can use my M3 Power down there, one step at a time though. Its not itching nearly as much as it did last time, which is a good thing. Would probably be a good idea to ask Marc how he did his region as he did it a lot better than I'm currently doing. Did it in one go as far as I know too. Well he has his uses occasionally.

Pockets of work are breaking out across the room, this is not a good thing for my day of slacking. Youtube provides some much needed relief from not working. I'm wearing my Keyblade today, in that mood where I need reminding of my fandoms and loves. One of those loves being CSS, so on goes Alala, not as worthy for mass consumption as LMLALTDFA but often a welcome break from that song and just as sexy. Anything with Lovefoxxx involved is sexy, those are the rules of indie. Hence why next week's Peter Robinson Versus will be sexy and so was last week's Radar in NME.

More music, The Gossip, or Gossip depending on your naming orientation. Still sex-laced with the eye candy for me being away from singer and coolest person in rock Beth Ditto. I don't know what the guitarist's name is but daymn. Following this will be more sex from the female Jarvis Cocker, Kate Jackson.

Nelly asked me for my preferred brands of condoms and lube when we last spoke. Either she really thinks something's going to happen in the Yaoi North rooms...
"Its unlikely to happen but just in case you get lucky" - October 2006
...Or she has something planned. I would bet on the second option, though given that they're paying my con entry nothing's impossible or unlikely on this trip anymore. 17 weeks is far too long to wait for this 7 day orgy of pleasure and cross-dressing. I doubt she'll be emptying the Durex factory though. She also briefly got onto the subject of tentacles. Apparantly the thought of me with a whole congregation of maidboys was too much for even her mind to handle.

--LUNCH--

I like sitting down and eating lunch. When I got lunch from Greggs it always seemed rushed and unimportant, eating at Subway is nice. Getting to sit down and enjoy a bit of peaceful time to myself. I find that I'm taking more and more of these little breaks as I mature as much as I probably ever will, nothing pleases me more these days that laying down on my bed, clutching a plushie and listening to a CD. I'm admittedly a musical purist, music is designed to be listened to intently and with all your attention, except commercial dance music but that's another topic for another day. Like I said earlier its Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly who provides my musical salvation more than anyone else right now, Chronicles is such a good album and sits right next to The Black Parade in my collection of life affirming albums. Songs like Glass Houses, I Spy and Once More With Feeling really strike deep into my consiousness.

Take this for your consideration. Never, ever, underestimate the impact a good songwriter can have on your emotions. Willy Mason, Sam Duckworth, James Morrison, Conor Oberst. A simple foursome of songwriters with acoustic guitars that I like and am not ashamed of. Music needs 2 things. A rhythm and lyrics. Anything else is a bonus, though any artist can score points with my by using a piano and some kind of brass instrument in a song. Part of the reason I fell for Get Cape, the trumpet parts that spread throughout the songs are so distinctive that they make his music unique for reasons other than his voice and defiant lyrics.

Another thing to remember, love music. Don't love rock, jazz, blues, pop, dance, indie, emo, metal etc. Love music, all music. Be prepared to say when you like a song you shouldn't. Stand up to pronounce your love of The Kooks, defend the bands you love when they're attacked. This is my biggest annoyance in modern music culture, there is a culture of hate spreading and that has to be stopped.

Oh crap, I've run out of topics. Lets see, music, more music, Canada, food, I can't ramble any more. I'm feeling a little bit drained.

Do you know what I like doing more than anything else? Its the one thing that salvaged that horrific night I spent among the group of people who got fewer brains than the rest of us. Crying. Its hard to explain why but it feels good to me, on that night I got upset pretty soon after starting the night. Maybe it was the crap music, maybe it was friends who I'd been banking on seeing not turning up, maybe it was the pressure that had been put on me to go out that night. For some reason I lost it at some point and started crying.

I'm done, I need to go home, relax, think and listen to the Godfathers of New Rave.

Test Icicles.

No comments: