Monday, January 01, 2007

NJ's Canadian Adventure Update

NJ's Canadian Adventure is my trip to Toronto, Canada in May 2007 to visit primarily the Anime North convention. During the trip I'll also be visiting quite a few other places in the city. Its my first solo trip abroad and I'm being extremely ably assisted in the planning and execution by Nelly among the 11 others making the trip from within Canada itself.

So the hotel business is all done and forgotten. Good job too as the Doubletree hotel is completely booked for the con weekend. I also have all the basic info on the con as its finally gone up on the Anime North site. Staying up until 2am in the Yaoi North rooms bitches. Which will mean short walks back to the Doubletree early in the morning. Which is excellent.

But to flight business. This is something I'm rather techy about in all honesty, I'm not entirely secure with booking the flight from the Canada side no matter how much cheaper it may be. I need my passport first though and that particular business is underway. I've submitted my application and with any luck I get all that finished and have a nicely booked flight by the end of January.

That's the plan anyway. The Adventure is now officially happening this year. With every significant development and bit of progress I get more and more excited, visualising more and more about what could potentially happen and what is definately happening. On the list of definately happenings is yet another 7am train to London, my first ever trip to an airport, let alone the best in the world. Staying in a hotel for the second time, only this time instead of the freaks I call my family I'll be rooming with the freaks I'll hopefully be able to legitimately call my friends by the end of the week. Teaming up with the 3 mad fangirls and roommates named Nelly, Sarah and Jessica to explode as many minds as possible by making out with every guy in the Yaoi North rooms. Hopefully the making out will not be restricted to the Rennaissance Hotel where Yaoi North is taking place as a part of Anime North. People are endlessly bitching about Yaoi North being in a different hotel from the rest of Anime North but I prefer it like this, makes YN seem like more of a different con. Will also make it more noticable if I actually manage to get taken.....somewhere else to do stuff that should not be done in public.

4 Months, 3 Weeks and 1 Day Remaining

I can't wait.

Done
1: Hotel booked and paid for

Still To Do
1: Get passport
2: Book train ticket
3: Book flight
4: Con registration
5: Insane amount of money to buy more swag than anyone's ever seen.

Money (with hotel money deducted)
£291 (C$648)
Minimum Required (if Nelly's flight estimate stands)
£350

Have I written too much yet?

No comments: