Friday, February 11, 2005

Gamestation Diary: Day 5

In the words of Bloc Party, so here we are. Day 5. Day 5 of 5. Processing new games and lazing around in the office was all I did today. To be honest now all's said and done i'm quite glad to be out. In today's final edition it's time to sum up the big moments of the week and giving out my final, no holds barred opinions of the crew.

The Crew
Mark
I appreciate everything this guy did. Honest, witty and friendly.

Kev
I liked this guy at the start of the week. I don't like him anymore. At the end of every day he was in he seemed desperate to get rid of me.

Reiner
Ugly. Annoying. Bitter. Rude. Big headed.

Lee
Showing off your crack everytime you bend down does not prove your blokeness.

Matt
Cool. The only member of the crew who made me feel truly welcome.


Key Moments
These are the moments that stick out in my memory. The moments that will plaster a grin over my face every time I think of them.

Someone'll Grab 'Em
Kev
"I'll just leave the Halo 2 posters here and see if anyone grabs them"
Mark
"Do you think that'll work with my nuts?"

Trou, bags and jedi knights
Mark
"Maybe we should phone up Clark in Torquey and ask what console he reccomends"
Matt (loudly)
"You want an Xbox so you can play kotor!!"
Mark
"Can you explain the features?"
Reiner
"Can you change your trou?"
Matt
"Can you get new bags?"

www.gamestationrankings.com
Mark
"1, 2, 3, 4 stores worse than Clark's"
Reiner
"Well he's turned it around hasn't he?"
Mark
"So out of 270-odd stores he's 265th"

Wonder what he's been doing?
Reiner
"So I went to the shitter before work yesterday and when I stood up i felt a burning pain in my ass. I looked back into the bowl and I'd shat about a pint of blood. I thought I was gonna keel over at some point yesterday."

So final thoughts. At the end of the week if I end up working at Gamestation it would be great but if I don't then this has been a wasted week. At no point did I really feel like a part of the crew. If your interested in how the games industry works then I highly reccommend it for work experience but if not then don't bother. If you have a decent knowledge of games though then I would definately reccommend getting a job there. I'm still going to frequent the place after school and at weekends but not even seeing it from the other side will get me trading in games again. It was fun and it's given me an insight into my chosen industry but now it's time to move on and aim higher in gaming. Finishing Final Fantasy VII is my long term goal for now but the next group of truly awesome games and systems is coming along. The blog will return to normal now and so will I. This diary will remain here always and maybe at some point I'll print it off and give it to Gamestation. Right now I just want to return to being a normal gamer. Well, as normal as someone with an alter-ego like njsykora can ever get.

By The Way
I'm taking offers for the Smackdown vs Raw promo shirt I got.
I'm not taking offers for the Gamestation shirt.
The light on the DS pod does actually work.
It's not an act. Gamestation really do hate Game.
Reiner can hide the chicken (see day 4) like no-one else.

No comments: