Sunday, February 20, 2005

Divided Opinion - #1 - Cosplay

I am currently bored beyond belief so I'll start this which I had the idea for about 3 months ago. I give my honest opinion on something, simple as that. First off something that has been dividing the net for years. The art of dressing up as videogame, anime, film, TV etc characters.

The 2 camps of opinion are those who think cosplayers are retarded dumbasses and those who think they are creative, imaginative people who don't give a toss what the retard dumbass camp think.

I'm in the second camp. I think cosplay is a brilliant way of being creative and having a lot of fun at the same time. I think those who do it have a passion for the subject matter that can only be envied by everyone else. I envy cosplayers for having the means and talent to do it and I hope that in later life when I've loosened up a bit (I care far too much what other people think to do it right now) and I have the money to do it I'll be able to start doing it. There's also the social aspect which to be honest I am pretty starved of right now.

To find out more about cosplay check out this month's issue of Cube magazine (issue 42) for a great feature or visit www.cosplay.com for pics and info.

Right, back to being bored.

No comments: