Saturday, February 26, 2005

24

Well it's closer to 26 now. I think I'll list my 5 favourite things in ToS over the last 24 hours of gameplay.

NOTE: I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers but some may creep in. If you don't want to risk it then don't read this post.

1: The Colette's Sacrifice Scene
You probably all know by now that the awesome scene in the Tower of Salvation put me through the emotional ringer. I cried (seriously) and went into a state of immense anger. That section is a perfect fusion of excellent voice-acting, a brilliant script and superb animation.

2: The Opening
ToS' opening sequence (the bit before the start screen) is a masterpiece. Whenever I forget about what makes the game so special I just watch this through and it all comes back.

3: Colette
My favourite character. Colette really brings a lot to the game and is easily the best realised character.

4: The Desians
The scum of the earth. These guys get me boiling up inside whenever I come across them but that is great as every fight against them is slightly personal.

5: Quiet Moments
These scenes with no enemies, no imminent fights and no rush. They let the story develop peacefully and are the most memorable scenes in the game.

I'm still not past disc 1 yet so there's another 24 hours of excellence to come. I only hope that the story hasn't worn itself out yet.

Current Gameclock
26h 33m



Some of you may have noticed the SupportAsia.com button has disappeared from the sidebar. This is because of two things.

1) I needed some space for the Committee to Protect Bloggers button.
2) After recieving over £300,000,000 the DEC has officially closed the appeal. Thanks to everyone who donated from w00tworld.

No comments: