Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Gamestation Diary: Day 3

I'll get to the start of the day in a minute but I have to go with this story to start. This morning as usual the deliveries arrived and one stood out. The others were opened and sorted (reluctantly) as usual but this other one was different. Mark said that it was not being opened until everyone had taken their lunch break. So 1200 came and went and Reiner, Matt and Mark took lunch. When they came back I was forced to take my break by Matt and Reiner (they really wanted this package). Knowing that I shouldn't leave them waiting any longer than nessesary I nipped over to Greggs and grabbed 2 sausage rolls and a doughnut. When I got back Mark forced the 2 kids to wait until I'd put my coat away and eaten, I finished 1 of the sausages and put the other and the doughnut in the fridge as to be honest I wanted to see this. They were released on the package and they were like kids on Christmas day!! In went the hands and out came 5 PC and 20 Xbox copies of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2. THEY WERE DELIGHTED!! From what I've gathered Reiner's woman has grown somewhat addicted to Xbox Live as he immediately checked the system requirements of the PC version. Again he was delighted as his PC would run it. "If it doesn't work I'm cancelling the Xbox Live" said he.

So back in time now to the start of the day. I headed into Tescos and picked up NME and a Mars bar. I headed to the store and arrived at exactly the same time as Reiner, Mark sent me out to inspect the store after everything was hung up and accounted for. After sorting 'The List' out I hitched up onto the back counter, had a bit of Kick and had a few minutes of quality time with the DS.

Things went as usual until 1100 when Matt walked in and Reiner buggered off for the 3rd fag break of the day. Things went as usual until after lunch (and KotOR 2) when a lot of buggered up prices led to a rescan. This involved checking the prices of every game, accessory etc to make sure everything was priced correctly. As an appeal to the Gamestation customers, LEAVE THE STICKERS ALONE!! I did the Xbox stuff first and did everything else later, the speed at which I did everything impressed Mark. It was all done by 1530.

Matt buggered off at 1500 leaving me with Reiner and Mark. And the area manager.

Yea.

Him and Mark were talking for about 5 hours. About what exactly I have no idea but he was fucking useless all day. I had some fun with the rescan though, seeing if I could fill my big red box with games totalling £1,000. According to Mark who put in a rare appearance he does something like that when a rescan is neccesary. I cheated eventually though and did 2 boxes with a value of £1, 807.

So with that out the way I finally got down to using the tills. Got the hang of it within 10 minutes which impressed Mark (again). I managed about £120 before everything tied up around 1730. Reiner then set about talking me through the close procedure including 'facing up' and Mr Dyson. Lee dropped in to see KotOR 2 which was pointless as he's working tomorrow. At around 1810 with £20 missing from the cash up (don't look at me) me, Lee and Reiner vacated the building. Reiner with a copy of KotOR 2 hidden in his jacket. Slick.

Later
Behind the Scenes at Gamestation. What's in the draws? What's in the back? What's in the Bog? What's upstairs?

Tomorrow
Where does this go?

No comments: