Thursday, February 10, 2005

Gamestation Diary: Day 4

1 day to go. At the end of tomorrow I want to say to Mark I don't want a discount, I want a sodding job. This week has been great so far and if I could carry on working on Saturdays then that would be amazing.

Mark was elated today for 2 reasons. The ratings for the whole company were put up today and the Hereford store is 3rd in the region. That wasn't what got Mark excited. All week everyone's been talking about someone called Clark. From what I've picked up from eavesdropping Clark was a total asshole who was very good at digging holes for himself when faced with a member of senior management. I won't go into everything now but he abbreviated everything and that got problematic. And annoying. Anyway he now manages the store in Torquey and when Mark checked the rankings he found Torquey last in the region and 265th out of 270 stores. Shaweeet!!

Moving back to the morning.I'd been using the front tills to check the prices of a bunch of new games. Unfortunately I'd screwed up. THAT was why we ended up £20 short yesterday. I tried to avoid the tills today. Using the PC when I had to process anything (I had to process quite a bit today). Things went on as usual but Reiner was being extremely regular with his bog breaks. Later he explained that he'd taken the shit of his life that morning and was having to canstantly check to see that his asshole wasn't bleeding. That's what he said anyway. I've learnt that Reiner is a twisted phycho with a grudge against life.

Today also saw the return of Lee. He decided to redesign the filing system. I.E using slimline cases instead of bits of card. Slick.

Anyway the turning point today came with Mark walking out the office with a wolly chicken on his finger. When Reiner spotted it HE WAS DELIGHTED!! This wolly thing formed a game known as FInd the Chicken. The idea is that someone hides the chicken somewhere it can be seen then everyone else searches for it. When someone finds it they hide it again without telling anyone. The only way they know if it's been found is by looking where they hid it. Risky if anyone sees them. This causes everyone to be fucking paranoid. Who's in control? Who's got the chicken? We all know where the chicken is using this system. There's a Stargate SG-1 case in the office. If it's upside down the chicken is about someone's person. If it's the right side up then it's been hidden (or deployed as Reiner and Lee insisted on saying). First Mark hid it (I never found out where) then we found out that Reiner had hidden it. We searched for 2 hours before the cut-off point of 1730 came and he had to show us where it was. The git had wedged it between the a shelf and the wall in the office. Visible but still hidden. Reiner gets to deploy it first in the morning.

So facing up time came and went, Mr Dyson came and went (Reiner got me to do it again). Afterwards I got asked to go up to the flats and find some black boxes. The door between the office and the stairs is covered by a metal grill when not in use. I came down to find it closed and locked. Reiner and Lee were pissing themselves laughing until Mark emerged from the bog with the keys. Gits. Tomorrow is the last day of this experience and if I come out of it with a Saturday job I'll be made up.

Tomorrow
The closing ceremony

No comments: