Friday, May 06, 2005

Bother's Back! (so's NJ)

*Post copied from dA*

Music: Kaiser Chiefs - Na Na Na Na Naa


I hear there has been mass panic throughout the dAsphere concerning my disappearance. Allow me to explain.

OK, I hear after getting home yesterday that I'm gonna have to stay at my sister's (Jo) house that night. Fine by me, they've got a better TV and its election night. Despite everything I said over the last few weeks I did stay up to watch the election results as they came in.

Roll forwards to 1:30am. I hear Jo coming down the stairs and she asks if one of us can go to the hospital with her boyfriend Toby. Toby it seems had had an accident at work earlier in the day involving an inspection and a welder. He was slowly guided down the stairs clearly in great pain and holding an icepack over his eyes. A taxi is called and me and Toby head to A+E.

So here's the rough timetable.

1:50am - Arrive at A+E and check in.
2:20am - Guy who was here before us gets seen.
2:30am - 2 people come in.
3:00am - 2 people who came in get seen.
3:30am - I go out to phone Mum and get an election update.
3:35am - On re-entry I take a piss.
4:00am - In a desperate attempt to stay awake I begin pacing the waiting room.
4:05am - I go for a shit.
4:20am - Finally, 2 and a half hours after arriving we get seen.
4:35am - With Toby left with the doctor I joke about getting out before sunrise.
4:40am - I go outside for some air and feel 10 times better for it.
4:55am - Toby comes out finally able to see.
5:00am - We leave via taxi.
5:15am - We arrive back at Jo's.
5:40am - I go to bed having been awake for nearly 22 hours.

--INTERMISSION--

3:10pm - I wake up.
10:00pm - I arrive back home.

So there you go. I wasn't at school today because I was in bed. I haven't been on dA or MSN due to me not having internet at Jo's house. I am so fucking glad to be back home, less glad to see my favourites still fucked.

Also people, on this day with a fresh new government....being denied to us we have something to be thankful for at least. The new Bother's Bar!! Check the new premises out over at www.bothersbar.co.uk

No comments: