Friday, May 13, 2005

And Relax

Crisis averted. Time for some gossip from the net.

Today's big story is unfortunately the Xbox 360. Looking like a titanic glacier and standing just as big (if not bigger) than its daddy. Apparantly this is what the gaming revolution is going to be. I'll just give up now shall I?

Penny Arcade have hit out big time at Gamespy (again). Seems like a freelance reviewer (hello) gave Donkey Konga 2 a mere 1.5/5.0. When the review was posted to the Gamespy site that was pumped up to a more sponsor friendly 3/5. This isn't a rare thing. Next time you read a review on a big site or in a major magazine think about what it originally said.

Tim Buckley of Ctrl+Alt+Del and Brian of 8-Bit Theatre have a problem. Both of them are hitting E3 next week (yes I'm jealous) and have been astounded to hear how many CAD and 8-BT fans are going to be there. They've agreed to hang around the NCSoft (City of Heroes guys) booth between 1:30 and 2pm on all 3 days of the expo.

Everyone loves an open beta. With broadband now at my disposal I made a vow to take on the first one which came my way. Boy did I get lucky. Far from having to test out something like Warcraft, Everquest or Elder Scrolls I got Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst!! The open beta is now available from the official site and is completely free to play. The setup file is 498mb.

Firefox has had an awesome week. Today it gained official status as the favoured browser of computer giants IBM and yesterday Mozilla Europe showed why they'd been so quiet recently. The Firefox ads have finally touched down. Check them out at http://funnyfox.org

That's all I can think of for now. I'll see you lot later. Don't forget E3 2005 on w00tworld from Tuesday.

1 comment:

James K said...

Back to form Franco.

This is what the people want to hear.

:0