Saturday, October 20, 2007

The London Expo October 2007

London Expo is always an entertaining time. Whether its because of the tube system taking the piss or the actual joy of the people there. For me its mostly about spending money though so lets see the league table of who took my money this year.

Grinding at the bottom is United Publications, lacking the CCS boxset that was so tempting to me resulted in UP only taking £8 of my money through 3 fine posters covering Prince of Tennis, Yu-Gi-Oh and of course Card Captor Sakura.

Slightly up from that is Sweatdrop who got £10 with two brilliant prints. Sweatdrop always seem to have the fine prints and continue to give a reason for the Expo having an Artist Alley.

Tokyopop's wall of manga took £20 off me dispite my protestations that I wasn't going to spend money there this time. Lament of the Lamb 6, Fake 3 and Loveless 5 gave me the required spend to get an extremely sizable Pita-Ten artbook for £5.

Manga Entertainment got £25 thanks to their stand selling Terratag shirts. A fine zip up number (which looks like the top half of a boiler suit, and is therefore cool as hell) combined with Naruto Unleashed 2.1 got the cash off me.

The top prize for extracting money from my wallet though goes to Tokyo Toys. A supreme Tsubasa Chronicle messenger bag meant they took £34.

Cosplayer of the day is without any shadow of a doubt the fursuit Pikachu. I've seen Pikachu cosplay before but this one was truly excellent. Runner-up goes to another fursuit, a full size Kon.

Corporate stand of the day was easily Sony's showing off of Eye of Judgement. Giving out free cards and providing fairly extensive looks at the game meant that I can say this is a game I must have, And soon.

The new bag is excellent but it has left me with some sad news. After over 5 years of faithful service my Jeep backpack is now being retired. I bought it for £15 in TKMaxx back in 2002 ready for the 9th year at Bishops but now its age is starting to show. Its accompanied me through 3 years of Bishops, 2 years of college and a summer of full time work but now its over.

NJ's Jeep backpack
2002-2007

All the pictures are on my Facebook, because Photobucket's being a bitch.

No comments: