Thursday, November 25, 2004

The A-Z of My Life: C

C is for Cats

All my life I've lived with at least one cat and they have rapidly become my favourite animals. My family have taken in homeless cats from the Cats Protection League, the RSPCA and from local vets as well as strays found wandering the streets. Over these years I've seen cats go missing and die at all ages. Here's a list (from memory) of the cats I've lived with.

Charlie - A legend in the family and more friendly than any human (dead - cancer aged 7)
Edgar - Petrified of everything (dead - put down aged 9)
Harry - Also scared of most things (missing - thought to now be living with new owners)
Samson - Tiny and cuddly (dead - cancer aged 4)
Cilla - Allergic to fleas and always losing fur (missing presumed dead)
Thomas - Scared of anyone he doesn't know after being mistreated as a kitten (alive)
Jerry - Outdoor cat who vanishes in summer and returns for winter (alive)
Gizmo - Fat furball who only moves if he has to (alive)
Lucy - Affectionate but sometimes annoying due to clingy nature (alive)
Ebony - My disease ridden black cat who's greatful for what she gets (alive, god knows how)
Jack - Lively black kitten (dead - hit by dickhead neighbour in his car aged 1)

Don't think I missed anyone. With that many you can see how cats are a part of my life now and will probably always be.

No comments: