Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Microsoft and EA

Literally as I started this the other IE window I had open crashed (again). That's why I hate MS. Everywhere I go I see their stuff displayed at me. When I went to Gamestars Live the first thing I saw was the gigantic Microsoft logo over the Xbox stand. I hadn't intended taking a toilet break that early but the puke was moving fast. Billy's boys had their stand stretched along the whole left side and that's when I decided to do a comparision. EA had their stand stretched (and it was stretched) all down the middle. To get from the north side to the south side of the ExCel Center I had to stumble through The Sims 2, endless Lord of the Rings, EA Sports (I liked that bit actually) and Burnout 3 (their best bit). That's pushing through endless teenage girls (Sims 2), dozens of malnourished freaks (LotR), Overweight sports fans (EA Sports) and boy racers (Burnout 3). I class these 4 types of people as the scum of the earth and trying to get through all of them just to get from one side of the hall to the other and trust me I was doing that a lot (that's a lot of those people). Eventually I picked up a sick bag and ventured into MS's area. Why did only they have Juiced? Last time I checked it was multi format. The thing I found absolutely hilarious was the fact that half of the Xbox pods weren't working and no-one was doing anything to fix them. Microsoft are the dominant force in their market (trust me that isn't games). For now. EA are becoming the dominant force in the gaming market and I don't want that to happen. If EA keep growing then competition will die out and gaming will become stagnant and boring like the operating system market. No need for innovation and no need for decent customer service. Until Linux appeared anyway. It's happened to PCs. Please EA, don't let it happen to gaming.

No comments: