Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Gabe and Gabe

I feel it is my duty as a gaming fan and as a Penny Arcade fan (www.penny-arcade.com) to congratulate Mike and Kara Krahulik on the birth of Gabe Aden Krahulik. Today the (technically) adult Gabe posted the events and his thoughts on the hours spent waiting for the magic moment. This was a great thing to read and shows the benefits of having a strong community on a website alongside a pair of great webmasters. To my knowledge PA is the only site where Gabe would be able to make a news post like that, I quote from the post; "I don’t think that Penny Arcade is a webcomic. I’m honestly not sure it’s ever been one. For me PA is a diary, and so I hope you’ll all forgive me if I spend this morning recounting a particularly incredible day I had recently." For me a site is massively improved if the admins are approachable friendly people. I believe that in successfully doing this PA has secured it's place as an internet institution. Long may it reign and maybe me, Ifrit and Zero will be able to do this with IR (www.ifritroms.com) someday. Peace.

No comments: