Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Me and NJ - Part 1

A question for you lot who use the net a lot. When you sign up for something where you need a username do you use the same name for everything or just something different that sounds cool every time? I started signing online registration forms as Shiek. This worked well until I realised it was spelt wrong (supposed to be Sheik). I kept using it regardless and usually having to sign in twice for spelling my badly spelt username wrong until I signed up for the MSN Gaming Zone (which I've since stopped using) and found the name taken. That was the turning point of my online life and the birth of njsykora. Taken as New Jersey (no I don't live there) for my ice hockey team and Petr Sykora for my favourite player who moved to Anaheim within days prompting people joking and saying I should change to anasykora. Anyhoo, that's the name's origin and tomorrow I'll tell you how NJ has become a part of me in real life.

No comments: